Battery Usage Tips:
- New battery pack must be fully charged before use.
- New battery pack needs to be fully charged and discharged (cycled) a few times before it can condition to full capacity.
- Rechargeable batteries undergo self-discharging when left unused. Always store a battery pack in a fully charged staged for storage.
- Fully drain and fully recharged your battery pack every few months.
- Turn down the LCD brightness of your portable device.
- Use built-in power management on your portable device.
- Turn off LCD or other unnecessary accessories when not in used.
- Set screen saver blank to 1 to 2 minutes of your notebook.
- Add more RAM if you have extra RAM expansion slot, it will reduce the usage of hard drive and it is power exhaustive.
- Close unused software in your notebook.
- Remove unused PC Cards or USB devices from your notebook.
- Don't watch DVD or play graphics intensive video games.
- Don't short circuit terminal or store your battery pack with metal parts.
- Don't drop or mutilate the battery pack.
- Don't expose to moisture or water.
- It is normal to get warm when charging or normal use. If it is getting too hot, there may be a problem with the device and qualified personnel should check it.
How to extend the life of laptop battery?
1. Activate a new battery
The battery of a new laptop should be with 3% of electricity in the first boot. At this time, we should first do not use an external power supply, but we make the battery power exhausted, until the shutdown. Then use an external power supply charge.Recharge the battery after the exhaustion of charge, and charging time must be more than 12 hours, repeated three times to activate the battery.
2. To minimize the used times of battery
The charge and discharge times is directly related to life of battery. On one charge, the battery on a step forward to retirement. Try to use an external power supply, remove the battery before use an external power supply. Often several times a day if the power plug, and notebook computers equipped with batteries, for greater damage to the battery. Because each access to external power supply is equivalent to the battery charge one time, battery life shortened by a naturally.
3. Electricity charge after exhaustion and avoid the charging time is too long
Whatever notebook using the lithium or nickel-metal hydride electric power, it must take charge after the exhaustion of power (power consumption less than 1%), which is the best way to avoid the memory effect. Lithium-Ion battery is also have memory effect, but the memory effect is smaller than nickel-metal hydride, and fills only to charge the battery after completely emptied. Part of the charge and discharge the battery which could lead to the chemical properties of the batteries are inconsistent, so the battery performance will back down.
Recommended every several months to conduct a deep discharge to optimize battery performance. The specific approach is to use battery-powered, has been using the battery capacity is 0% (when the system will automatically enter hibernation or standby according to different of BIOS setting). And then connected to the AC charger has been filled up to 100%.
The battery has a natural discharge process. The battery after a long period of storage, a natural discharge is over, this does not affect battery capacity. The first charge, you should continuously to charge the battery to 12 hours, and the loop to fully charge and discharge three times to completely wake up a new battery. If the battery is stored for a few months is not used, it also need carried out a complete charge and discharge for three times. If a battery still not charging after 12 consecutive hours or a cycle of charge-discharge three times, this piece of the battery can not be used need to be replaced.